Digital Art Cityscapes
Hull Court Gate At Times Square
Scenes from the University of Chicago campus, featuring details from its Gothic Revival architecture. These artworks were featured in Art Takes Times Square and include: Hull Court Gate, which was the one chosen for the Times Square billboards.
Steel Giants in the Heartland
My digital artworks recall an American era that created a powerful manufacturing belt, and how today the physical remains from that era still symbolize the American “can do” social psyche. The series aims to remind us of this country’s innate talents, and by implication, the ability to call on these strengths again. These urban landscapes feature the industrial area around 95th and Calumet in Chicago, bordering on Indiana.
Exhibitions In 2012
Midwest Exhibits. In the last year, I’ve been honored to display my digital art in several curated group shows in the Midwest, including
– The 69th Annual Salon Show at South Shore Arts in Indiana. Juror: Daniel Schulman, Program Director, City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs.
– South Side Impressions at the Beverly Art Center, Chicago. Curator: Carla Winterbottom.
Waterspout On Bond Chapel (UChicago)
– A Love Affair With Colors, my solo exhibit at CornerStone Art Gallery in Indiana.
Lift Bridges At Dusk (Steel Giants)
– CornerStone Photo Arts III, at CornerStone Art Gallery, Indiana Juror: Martin Martinez, Faculty, Media and Fine Arts Department, Calumet College of Saint Joseph.
Tracks, Barge, Skyway (Steel Giants)
International. This has also been a good year for displaying my digital art in international exhibitions, including
– Art Takes Times Square in New York City
Hull Court Gate (UChicago)
– International Streaming Festival 7th Edition sponsored by the isfth foundation in the Hague, the Netherlands
Lift Bridges Meet Skyway (Steel Giants)
– ArTConneKt International Exhibition at Oriel Bach Gallery, Swansea, UK.
Blue Flowers At Botany Pond (UChicago)
2012 was also a milestone for me as I displayed my digital art and oil paintings in ten curated exhibits. My art is now on display in several curated online art galleries, and I was accepted as a member of Artsia: The Society of International Artists. 2013 brings new opportunities and challenges.
I look forward to continuing to meet new artists and art fans while displaying my art in 2013.